My Backyard

My Backyard
Jealous? : )

Friday, April 2, 2010

My Love/Hate Relationship with Flying

I have spent this entire day packing, and unpacking the last of my boxes I shipped from Cali. I've gone through and re-gone through my "maybe taking" piles a dozen times and finally had it honed down to what I thought were the necessities. Before throwing it all (systematically of course) into my suitcases, I thought it wise to double check weight allowances on the airline's website. Am I crazy? I KNOW that in the past you were allowed 75 lbs in your bag for an international flight. WRONG!!! Not anymore. Somewhere along the way since the last time I flew overseas which was only about 18 months ago, it changed. Again. 50 lbs. no matter where you go. Oh well, unless you're flying to the Middle East or South America. Then you're allowed 70 lbs. I'll just have to remember that the next time I plan a trip to Jordan or Paraguay.

I love traveling but boy do I hate flying! Can I get an Amen!?

1 comment:

  1. You get an AMEN from me! That 50lb. limit kills us every time, especially when we try to bring goodies from America every chance we get! When we moved here, we were way over on pretty much all our bags. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete