My Backyard

My Backyard
Jealous? : )

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I have arrived!


I made it safely to Freeport yesterday ahead of schedule. Customs was a breeze, and my driver was already waiting for me. My mom and I hung out in my apartment (pics to follow) most of the afternoon as I unpacked and settled myself in. So pleasantly surprised by these digs! Very nice and spacious. Everything is brand new from the microwave to my king size mattress. Oh and yes, there is cable! I got to watch all my shows last night including Lost, which, I have to say, is hitting a little close to home these days.

In the afternoon my mom and I walked to "campus" where we were almost run over by the campus driver, Leonard. He kindly introduced himself to us and pointed us in the direction of campus which I'm sorry to say, is a mini mall. Yes, that is right. I said mini mall. I don't mind in the least, honestly. It's different and different is good. Now, if I were going to school in a mini mall in say, San Bernardino or Ypsilanti, then that might have been the make-or-break point in my decision to go. But since I'm in the Bahamas...

The nice thing about going to school in a shopping center is that everything is in one place! Getting groceries was convenient though not affordable. Mayo? $7. Ice cream? $15. Getting next to nothing for a whole lot of something? Well, apparently you can put a price on that. A big one! I'm going to have to be creative with the grocery shopping like maybe stopping eating. I've given that one a try already. I'll keep you all posted on how that one goes...

That is it for now. But there is much, much more to come so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment